In order to ensure the safety of all students at St. Matthew C.E.S, we ask that you please review the following Kiss & Ride safety rules for the start of each school morning. We currently have approximately 80 vehicles coming through the school laneway, including buses, taxis and school-assisted vehicles. These numbers increase as well during our cold winter days. The Kiss & Ride program helps to keep all our students safe from harm as well as aiding parents, taxis and buses that need to get back on the road efficiently and on time for their next destination.
Kiss & Ride Safety Rules:
- Kiss & Ride runs from 8:40am – 9:00am in the morning. If you arrive before or after this time, please do not stop in the driveway blocking any incoming traffic. You may drive-through and park or drive-through and return back to the drive-way again if required.
- Please drive only on the left side of the school’s laneway all the way to the front of the line.
- Only buses, taxis and assisted school vehicles are allowed on the right side.
- Parents dropping off their children must remain in their cars at all times. Kiss & Ride volunteers will assist with seats belts\car seats and backpacks when needed, as well as help JK\SK students to their designated gate\doorway.
- If you arrive just after the morning bell or if it is indoor recess, volunteers will direct all students to enter through the front door where the students will then proceed to their classroom.
- If possible, please place car seats/booster seats on the right side of the vehicle where students exit to avoid having your child walk in between cars. As well as backpacks or items they need to be readily available next to your child.
- There is no passing lane during Kiss & Ride. If you do not wish to use the Kiss & Ride program, you may wave to the attendant that you wish to drive through and park and they will wave you through when the lane is open.
- Please do not park on the right side of the school drive-way where buses and emergency vehicles may need to stop through-out the day.
Your help and understanding is truly appreciated. Any questions or concerns can be directed to the school’s office at 905-475-0517.